- Application Deadline
- December 15, 2023
- Development & Fundraising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Tri- State ( NY, NJ, CT, PA) Hybrid
- Workplace type
- $85,000 - $90,000 / year
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
Working Conditions, Travel and Benefits
About Start Small Think Big
About Start Small Think Big
Start Small Think Big is a nonprofit dedicated to advancing access and opportunity through equity and inclusion in entrepreneurship by connecting small businesses with the resources and community they need to thrive. We partner with corporations and communities to build a network of skill-based volunteers who provide pro bono legal services and free finance and marketing support to entrepreneurs that face structural barriers to accessing the critical resources to grow and sustain their businesses. We focus on partnering with BIPOC entrepreneurs, women, LGBTQIA+ entrepreneurs, immigrants, veterans, entrepreneurs with disabilities, low-income entrepreneurs, and formerly incarcerated entrepreneurs.
As we continue to grow as an organization, we are engaged in an intentional process to identify, understand, and address bias at all levels and advance equity, from the inside out.
Our Organizational Commitments
CONSCIOUS CURIOSITY: We remain open to learning and unlearning as language and the social and economic justice frameworks we are connected to are ever-evolving spaces.
EMPATHY: We communicate with our community and each other with respect, compassion, and acceptance.
CULTURAL HUMILITY: We are committed to examining our own biases, prejudices, and viewpoints and strengthening our abilities to understand and connect with diverse populations and cultures.
INCLUSIVITY: We appreciate our differences and embrace people of all backgrounds and identities. We oppose racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, or ableism of any form.
PEOPLE-FIRST: We put people first. People are at the core of our organization — above all, it is people who fuel our work — small business owners, staff, volunteers, and partners alike.
In order to connect small business owners with the strongest pro bono legal, financial and marketing support to transform their growing businesses, build wealth for themselves and their families, and create jobs for others in their communities, Start Small Think Big has:
- Collaborated closely with local and national community partners to reach immigrant and business owners of color intentionally, including Centro Community Partners, City of San Jose, WE NYC, LISC, and D.C. Dept. of Small and Local Business Development.
- Partnered with the majority of the top 100 U.S. law firms, including Cooley, Wilson Sonsini, Fenwick & West, Simpson Thacher, Weil Gotshal, Cleary Gottlieb, Debevoise & Plimpton.
- Partnered with some of the biggest and most well-respected financial and marketing corporations, including eBay, PayPal, Away Travel, Butchershop, The Stable (Part of Accenture Song), GoDaddy, Morgan Stanley, Google, Blackstone, Guggenheim, Alliance Bernstein.
- Secured significant support for our work from some of the largest and most forward-thinking foundations in the space, including Kauffman, JPMorgan Chase, and Citi.
Start Small Think Big provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.